Shrimp in Coconut Milk
Try this coconut shrimp recipes...the .....great taste !
- 1 1/2 pounds large size shrimp
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter) or coconut oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 red chili peppers (or fresh green peppers)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 8 curry leaves
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon juice to taste
Wash shrimp, shell and devein. Heat ghee or coconut oil and fry onions, garlic and ginger until onions are soft but not browned. Add chilies, turmeric, and curry leaves and fry 1 minute longer. Add coconut milk and salt and stir while bringing to simmering point. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, then add shrimp and cook 10-15 minutes more. Remove from heat and add lemon juice to taste....hmmmm....what a great taste...nice ! Enjoy coconut shrimp recipe it !