Shrimp Ceviche with Coconut Milk....try this coconut shrimp recipe !
* 1 lemon, halved and seeded
* 1 head garlic, halved
* 3 Turkish bay leaves
* 8 whole black peppercorns
* 1 tablespoon kosher salt, or to taste
* 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp (21 to 25 per lb)
* 2 cups coconut milk
* 1/2 cup lime juice
* 2 serrano chile peppers, thinly sliced
* 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
* 1 red onion, thinly sliced
* 8 sprigs cilantro, for garnish
* 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
1. Squeeze the lemon halves into a large pot, and toss in the halves. Add the garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, and salt, then fill with water to half full. Bring to a boil over high heat, then stir
in the shrimp, and turn off the heat. Allow the shrimp to poach until they are no longer translucent in the center, 3 to 5 minutes.
Drain in a colander in the sink, then place the shrimp on a baking sheet, and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
2. Stir the coconut milk, lime juice, serrano peppers, chopped cilantro, and onion together in a non-metallic bowl; season with salt to taste. Cut the chilled shrimp in half lengthwise and stir
into the coconut marinade. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Garnish individual servings with the cilantro sprigs and lime wedges.
The coconut shrimp recipe is ready to serve....