Twice-Cooked Coconut Shrimp ...try this nice coconut shrimp recipe....great !
* 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp - peeled and deveined
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup cornstarch
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1/2 tablespoon ground white pepper
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 cup ice water
* 2 cups shredded coconut
* 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
* 1/2 cup orange marmalade
* 1/4 cup Dijon-style prepared mustard
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1. Peel, devein and wash shrimp. Dry well on paper towels.
2. Mix together flour, cornstarch, salt and white pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and the ice water. Stir to blend.
3. Pour the coconut into a shallow pan. Dip the shrimp one at a time into the batter, then roll the shrimp in the coconut. Once coated, place each shrimp into a frying pan of oil heated to 350
degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry the shrimp in the hot oil until lightly browned; about 4 minutes.
4. Bake the fried shrimp in a preheated 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) oven for 5 minutes.
5. Make the dipping sauce: combine marmalade, mustard, honey and hot sauce in a small bowl. Mix well. The coconut shrimp recipe is ready to serve with dipping sauce side by side.