Monday, February 21, 2011
Silky Vanilla Coconut Shrimp Recipe
Coconut Shrimp Recipe Ingredients
* 2 tablespoons coconut oil shopping list
* 2-3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
* 2-3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste shopping list
* 1 tablespoon Thai chili paste (I use pla yang in this) shopping list
* 1/2 pound fresh shrimp -- peeled and deveined, tails left on shopping list
* 14 ounce can coconut milk shopping list
* 1 teaspoon good-quality vanilla extract shopping list
* ¼ cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
Coconut Shrimp Recipe Instructions :
* Melt the coconut oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat.
* Add the garlic and cook until just beginning to brown
* Add the red curry paste and chili paste and cook 2-3minutes, making sure that the chili paste is well dissolved.
* Add the shrimp and stir well to coat. Cook for 2 minutes
* Quickly transfer the shrimp to a small bowl
* add the can of coconut milk and stir well, getting all of the pastes mixed.
* As soon as the coconut milk has been added, reduce the heat to medium or medium-low, and bring the coconut milk to a summer.
* The moment the coconut milk comes to a simmer, add the shrimp back into the pan and cook for another 2 minutes
* Remove the pan from heat, and when it stops simmering, add the vanilla
* To serve, pour over jasmine rice in individual bowls of distributing the shrimp evenly amongst the bowls. Garnish with cilantro..and the coconut shrimp recipe is ready...enjoy it !