Monday, September 19, 2011
COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPE I
Try this great coconut shrimp recipe...its a must try !
COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPE INGREDIENTS
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 2/3 cup beer
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 cups flaked coconut
* 24 shrimp
* 3 cups oil for frying
COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
1. In medium bowl, combine egg, 1/2 cup flour, beer and baking powder. Place 1/4 cup flour and coconut in two separate bowls.
2. Hold shrimp by tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip in egg/beer batter;
allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a deep-fryer.
3. Fry shrimp in batches: cook, turning once, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Using
tongs, remove shrimp to paper towels to drain. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce...hmmm what a nice taste of coconut shrimp....enjoy !