Grilled Coconut-Rum Shrimp Recipe
Another amazing coconut shrimp recipe......its recommended to try !
Coconut Shrimp Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 pound medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup coconut-flavored rum such as Malibu
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
Prepare curried peanut sauce (see below). Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
In a glass dish, combine shrimp, rum, brown sugar, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce and garlic. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade, and thread them onto flat metal skewers.
Grill shrimp, basting with the reserved marinade and turning them once, until just cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes. Slide shrimp from skewers. Shrimp can be served hot or warm.
Curried Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 Serrano chilies, stemmed and chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut-flavored rum
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder